Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction to Generic Fosamax: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using Generic Fosamax and call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effects such as:
- chest pain;
- difficulty or pain when swallowing;
- pain or burning under the ribs or in the back;
- severe heartburn, burning pain in your upper stomach, or coughing up blood;
- new or worsening heartburn;
- fever, body aches, flu symptoms;
- severe joint, bone, or muscle pain;
- new or unusual pain in your thigh or hip;
- jaw pain, numbness, or swelling.
Less serious Generic Fosamax side effects may include:
- mild heartburn, bloating;
- mild nausea, vomiting, or stomach pain;
- diarrhea, gas, or constipation;
- mild joint pain or swelling;
- swelling in your hands or feet; or
- dizziness, eye pain, headache.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur.